+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Re: Bench Warrant "Lifted" vs. "Rescinded"

Threads

Re: Bench Warrant "Lifted" vs. "Rescinded"

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Pennsylvania

Is there any legal difference between a bench warrant being "lifted" vs. "rescinded"? Or are those two terms used interchangably in this context?

I'm following the case of a family member on the PA courts website, which makes the docket sheets available to the public. The defendant was arrested for DUI, failed to appear for the initial hearing in Common Pleas Court, was issued a bench warrant, appeared in court two days later, and on the docket sheet it was noted that this BW had been "Rescinded" and a formal arraignment scheduled. He then failed to appear at the formal arraignment and was issued another bench warrant. It appears as if he was actually picked up by the Sheriff's Office on that one (more than a week later). He was arraigned on that BW, but the docket sheet states that this BW has been "Lifted".

Is there a legal, technical difference between the two?

Thank you!!