+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Re: Car Damaged in a Flood While at a Repair Shop

Threads

Re: Car Damaged in a Flood While at a Repair Shop

My question involves an incident that occurred in the state of Maryland.

My vehicle was in the custody of a collision center for repairs due to an accident to my parked car. My car was due to be done on a Wednesday and the services were completed. The repair facility never called me as promised when it was done. On that same day, a flood struck part of our city... That our vehicle was at. The repair facility is claiming that their insurance doesn't cover acts of god, yet through their negligence to contact myself or my husband, my vehicle remained on the lot where it received floorboard damage. My insurance company is stating that it is my responsibility and my deductible is $1000. I don't feel I am liable for this incident as we had not signed any papers nor received any call or email after the vehicle was flooded until I called THEM two days later asking what the holdup was. How should I proceed? Any advice is appreciated.