+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Re: What Do I Do After Contacting the Driver at Faults Insurance Company

Threads

Re: What Do I Do After Contacting the Driver at Faults Insurance Company

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Ohio
    Ok. I was driving down the road and someone pulled out in front of me and we collided. I contacted the other driver's insurance company (they were at fault and got cited) and filed a claim with them. Now however the other driver will not call their insurance company back so I can get a rental car. My vehicle is not drivable. I have 3 kids and 2 jobs. What do I do to get this rolling faster? I was injured in the accident and missed work because of it. Do I have a claim there too? I am stressed out because other people have to give me rides and transport my children.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    AD Google Ad

Threads

Re: Re: What Do I Do After Contacting the Driver at Faults Insurance Company

Why can't you let your insurance company handle this? I understand the other driver was found at fault but you need to get your insurance company involved. Maybe your insurance doesn't work like mine but when involved in a similar situation, my insurance company covered the rental expenses for me and then went after the other driver's insurance for the reimbursement, leaving me completely out of it.

Another thing - check your policy. YOUR insurance probably covers you for rental coverage anyway.

Threads

Re: Re: What Do I Do After Contacting the Driver at Faults Insurance Company

If you have collision insurance then your insurance company should take care of most of this. Expect to pay a "deductible". If you've got minimal liability insurance then your insurer won't help. Your phone book is full of lawyers who will. Find a few who offer a free initial consult. Meet with them and decide who you like. Lawyers sometimes work on contingency. That means that they take a large percentage of the money judgement if they win but you pay very little if they lose.

5. Re: What Do I Do After Contacting the Driver at Faults Insurance Company

I would say check your policy.

6. Re: What Do I Do After Contacting the Driver at Faults Insurance Company

Sounds like you have a claim. However you need to contact an attorney that is experienced in dealing with your type of case. Generally any law professional that specializes in Personal Injury, Car Accident and Slip and Fall can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing. If you do they should be able to resolve most of the issues your facing through either the at fault drivers insurance or yours. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What month comes before January?

Visitors found this page by searching for: