+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: The Lure of Consulting

Threads

The Lure of Consulting

I'm in semi-ER after downshifting to teach a local university. It's about half pay compared to my previous gig, but flexible, easy hours. I'm still being tempted by consulting jobs. I have a phone interview in a couple of weeks that would be challenging, financially rewarding and allow me to feel professionally valued. I should have the self-control to turn it down (>0k with 75% travel) but I wonder if others have been tempted.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    AD Google Ad

Threads

Re: The Lure of Consulting

75% travel will get old really quick. Been there, done that, was great but I have no desire for a second act.

Threads

If it seems that tempting, you could always try it. If it ends up being fun, good. If not, you won't have trouble turning down the next ones.

Threads

I enjoyed short duration or longer part-time consulting. But I only had to telecommute and was doing interesting stuff. My tolerance for it decreased the longer I was retired.

Threads

I commuted 40 weeks a year for 4 years........no fun! But, we're all different...you may enjoy it but I missed my DW when on the road and restaurant food isn't the best since you really don't know how much sugar, as an example, is put into the foods you eat. If the income helps you save for your retirement it could be worth it. Good Luck and much happiness in whatever path you choose.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Opposite of Man is Woman. What is Opposite of Girl?

Visitors found this page by searching for: