+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Help needed. Travelling Retiree Hello. I'm travelling until next March. I need to open a bank account entirely online. My vantage accounts are now full. I don't want to leave surplus money in my First Direct

1. Help needed. Travelling Retiree Hello. I'm travelling until next March. I need to open a bank account entirely online. My vantage accounts are now full. I don't want to leave surplus money in my First Direct

2. # ADS
    AD Google Ad

Threads

Re: Help needed. Travelling Retiree Hello. I'm travelling until next March. I need to open a bank account entirely online. My vantage accounts are now full. I don't want to leave surplus money in my First Di

This link from the top of the page should help.

Webmaster and Business Idea Forum

Threads

Re: Help needed. Travelling Retiree Hello. I'm travelling until next March. I need to open a bank account entirely online. My vantage accounts are now full. I don't want to leave surplus money in my First Di

Hello. I'm travelling until next March. I need to open a bank account entirely online. My vantage accounts are now full. I don't want to leave surplus money in my First Direct c/a which pays no interest. I already pay into the 8% FD account. Is there anything you could suggest please?
    Open e-savings at Lloyds - about 3 clicks from online banking.

2% for 10K plus, 1.8% up to 10K. All inc 1yr bonus.

Not the best, but it is the easiest to open!

HTH

Threads

Unless you have one already, you might do better to get an an account (or a credit card) that doesn't load the exchange rate or make any other charge for overseas transactions.

6. Re: Help needed. Travelling Retiree Hello. I'm travelling until next March. I need to open a bank account entirely online. My vantage accounts are now full. I don't want to leave surplus money in my First Di

Thank you. I think it'll be the Lloyds account. It's just needed to put any money which is left over each month. It's much cheaper to live whilst travelling and I have found myself with surplus money in an acc. paying 0% interest. I won't be needing a credit card as I sorted all that before I left the UK.

Threads

I've hit a snag! Because I've already got a Lloyds esaving Acc. I am unable to open another. The one I've got pays 0.6% as opposed to 1.6% given on the more recent one. There is no email address that I can see, when I log in, to ask them to upgrade my account.

Threads

I've hit a snag! Because I've already got a Lloyds esaving Acc. I am unable to open another. The one I've got pays 0.6% as opposed to 1.6% given on the more recent one. There is no email address that I can see, when I log in, to ask them to upgrade my account.
    Now you tell us - it will need a phone call or visit to a branch to close the old one, then you can apply online again.

So, if you can't do that, try the Easy Saver online - only 1.2% inc bonus but better then you are getting now.

HTH

Threads

Sorry about that omission. Please accept my apologies. Will do as you suggest and use easy saver until I can phone Lloyds. It's quite difficult having to do all this on my iphone.

Threads

Last time I checked Nationwide were still about the cheapest for cashcard withdrawals abroad. I know you said you had that sorted but its good to have a back up plan. Nationwide Esavings plus pays 2%, 5 free withdrawals per year, and instant online transfer to a flexaccount to withdraw it with a cashcard.

Threads

Thank you Glen Clark. Will let you know how I get on with that.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Type the word CANC ER below without space

Visitors found this page by searching for: