+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Server Location for US Based Ecommerce Site 0

Threads

Server Location for US Based Ecommerce Site 0

How important is the physical location of a dedicated server running an ecommerce website? The site targets customers all across the 48 continental states.

Does having the server located in the Midwest, East coast or West coast matter? Or is it more important to find a provider with consistent bandwidth.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    AD Google Ad

Threads

Re: Server Location for US Based Ecommerce Site 0

Location should not be a big factor. If you have alot of traffic I would of course suggest dedicated server with enough bandwidth. Also depending on your traffic, it might be in your interest to have multiple dedicated servers(differnt data centers/locations) with databases and websites replicated on each server. What you could do is share the workload between servers. At the same time if one goes down, you take it out of the mix.

Threads

Thanks for the reply!

Threads

I have to say looking for a host always go for where your clients are mainly coming from as its just that split second quicker.
    But when I look for hosts I look for reviews, reliability and how easy it is to upgrade if needed. Support can be a good factor too. You don't want a server down for a few days with no reply from the host

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What month comes before January?

Visitors found this page by searching for: