+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Neck pain plus face tingling Hi everybody, My father had a sever accident several years ago; after that, he has had pain in upper neck as well as face. Also, tinglings exist in his face, eyelid, outer ear,

Threads

Neck pain plus face tingling Hi everybody, My father had a sever accident several years ago; after that, he has had pain in upper neck as well as face. Also, tinglings exist in his face, eyelid, outer ear,

Hi everybody,

My father had a sever accident several years ago; after that, he has had pain in upper neck as well as face. Also, tinglings exist in his face, eyelid, outer ear, etc. Docs say the problem is not due to trigeminal nerves as it does not have trigger point, has continuous effect, and involves both sides.

Any comments or advices are highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    AD Google Ad

Threads

Re: Neck pain plus face tingling Hi everybody, My father had a sever accident several years ago; after that, he has had pain in upper neck as well as face. Also, tinglings exist in his face, eyelid, outer

I too have had this for quite a while... 4+ years. I was prescribed Gabapentin for that. I have yet to find out what has caused this. Mine consist of head area, face, lips eye lids, et cetera. I asked on NS this one time & he was a total smart A** & shrugged "I don't know". My wife was about to give him a mouth full but didn't. We just never went back to him.
    My GP believes mine is possibly related to MS. I have a brother with it & I also have several white spots in the brain. With other things as well.

The medicine has helped with the tingling. But I am on a high dose as well 2400mg a day. That's enough to choke a horse. That amount also helps with my cervical pain too. Problem is being able to afford it. I am unemployed(Filed for SSDI). And I also do not have health insurance.

But getting back to the tingling. I have yet as well to find out what causes this. Seems most doctors just don't want to be bothered by it because it is considered a nuisance. Not a problem.

Threads

Re: Neck pain plus face tingling Hi everybody, My father had a sever accident several years ago; after that, he has had pain in upper neck as well as face. Also, tinglings exist in his face, eyelid, outer

Hi mmn, Has your father had an MRI or seen a spine dr to make sure there is no nerve compression in his neck? Cervical spine disc degeneration or other cervical spine problems can cause facial tingling,facial pain & neck pain. I had herniated discs that affected both sides but it was lumbar. Its nice that you are concerned & helping your dad. I hope his dr will help him by ordering some diagnostic tests to make sure its not from his spine or refer him to a neurosurgeon that limits his practice to spines only or an orthopedic surgeon that has completed a spine fellowship because both of these drs have the most education, training & experience in spine disorders.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Please type the word E D U C A T I O N without spaces in the box below.

Visitors found this page by searching for: